I’m very pleased to say I have been nominated for my third and fourth Liebster Awards! The first of those was from Miss Wish and the other from The Glasgow Girl! Both are fairly new bloggers so go check them out!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the blog that nominated you and link them.
2. Post eleven facts about yourself.
3. Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create an eleven question set for the next group of nominees.
4. Choose eleven people to nominate and link them on the post. They must have less than 200 followers.
5. Let your nominees know they’ve been tagged – and no tag backs!
Butttttt I’m gonna break the rules. As I’ve done this a few times before and always struggle with the facts part, I’m skipping that in favour of answering all the questions given to me by the blogger’s who nominated me.
Here’s the questions from Miss Wish:
1. Favorite genre of books, movies and music?
Huge lover of fantasy in both books and movies! I also watch a lot of animated and action movies. Music wise, I’m all about the alternative! So alt rock, heavy metal, emo, that kind of thing. At uni I would always get told to turn my music off at parties…
2. Tell us about the weirdest habit you posses.
Umm, I don’t think I’m that bad really. I pick my nails a lot, both picking my varnish off and picking at snaggy bit, which I know I shouldn’t do, but it’s not that weird is it?
3. What was your most embarrassing moment ever?
Oh man these are quite personal questions aren’t they? Generally speaking, if I find something embarrassing I’ll decide to put it behind me and move on because hey, it already happened!
4. If you had to erase all the people you’ve ever known from your memories except any two, who would be the two you’d choose and why?
It’s really hard to only pick two, because there’s some really amazing people in my life. I’d definitely have to pick Paul, because we’ve been together for over 5 years now and I really don’t know what adult life is without him, plus being with him makes me relax. Otherwise, I’m tempted to pick my mum, but I have some incredible friends I wouldn’t want to lose… Okay this is tough!
5. You’re granted one wish but you can’t use it for your own benefit and you can’t ask for more wishes. What would your wish be?
I’d wish that I could get myself a really great job at a really great company lined up for me to start working as a designer in the new year.
6. If you could eradicate any ONE problem that the humankind is facing, what would it be and why?
Global warming. No wait, if I got rid of the fossil fuel shortage by having a hydrogen alternative available then that would probably make a bigger impact long term and would help stop global warming progressing. If we have sustainable energy, we’d stop so much environmental destruction because they’d stop drilling and fracking, which would also prevent oil spills. And the arctic ice could freeze back over and the wildlife there could thrive again. Plus it’d help with all the extreme weather which would make for better farming and less hurricanes. It wouldn’t undo the damage already done, but it’d be a great start and then we’d be able to work on sustainable solutions for other things, like cleaning up the oceans.
7. Cold beverages or hot beverages?
90% of the time, cold. But I do love a gingerbread latte.
8. Trousers or skirts?
I mostly wear leggings, because when I wear skirts I find I have to watch myself a lot more for modesty’s sake (joys of skater skirts and the wind!), but it’s nice to mix it up a bit.
9. Current favorite tv show?
Same as always, Grey’s Anatomy. I’m not really enjoying the new series though, I’ve kind of ruined it for myself because I started rewatching them all again and so I’m currently watching season 4 on Netflix, which is soooo much better than the newest stuff.
10. Describe the person/thing on your immediate right in three words and mention what it is at the end of the post.
Parrot, pint, Ealing.
11. All-time-favorite movie?
Monster’s Inc is right up there. Also Star Wars.
And now for the questions from The Glasgow Girl:
1. What is your favourite place?
I have fond memories of quite a few places, but I’d probably go with London. It’s always so exciting to go there and I’ve been wanting to live there for ages, but it’s so expensive! But now we’ve grown up a bit, I have friends there now too so there’s so much more of London I could be exploring, if I only had some weekends off!
2. What is your favourite makeup brand?
I think Rimmel or Seventeen are both awesome in terms of budget brands, Smashbox do great foundations which I’ve been lucky enough to get in to thanks to them literally giving bottles away. To be honest, I’ve not really got much in the way of expensive make up or a favourite premium brand, but the one I want to try the most products from would be Urban Decay. I’d also love to get a Lorac palette, but they’re not available in the UK and the cost of getting one imported isn’t worth it.
3. Why did you start your blog?
Partly because I knew I’d be bored finishing uni and I wanted something else to challenge myself with, but honestly that was just the final push that made me actually go ahead with it. I’d been thinking about it for months and actually had my wordpress account and username all set up a long time before I wrote anything.
4. What else do you do in your spare time?
At the moment, not much because I’ve been sick and work has had me doing a lot of extra shifts! On my days off from work, I spend time doing job applications and some design work. I usually get to spend one day a week with my boyfriend, so other than that, I recently signed up to the gym (so far it’s been a week and I’ve been once!) and I want to take up dance classes again.
5. What are you addicted to?
Chocolate. Current choice is Milky Ways (I’ve eaten three today…)
6. What is your favourite album to listen to right now?
Panic At The Disco’s Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die. It just makes me happy. I love to sing a long to it in the car and it makes me want to dance. Also loving Hollywood Undead’s Swan Songs because I’m seeing them at the end of the month!
7. What is your favourite colour?
Green. It’s often mistaken for red…
8. What has been your biggest challenge to date?
Trying not to feel like a failure. Everyone knows getting a graduate job isn’t a walk in the park because of lack of experience and an over saturated market, but I get down about it about once a week. It’s easier to brush off when you’ve got an interview lined up, but its honestly not something where you can easily measure your progress, so it can really get to me at times.
9. Are you an early bird or night owl?
I used to be an early bird, then I went to uni and became a bit more of a night owl and now I’ve finished I don’t think I’m either. I struggle to get up before 8am, because I usually don’t have to, but I do tend to be more productive in the afternoons. I also suck at staying awake past 11pm.
10. What is the one make-up item you just can’t live without?
11. What is your favourite meal?
Lasagne and garlic bread!
Now for my nominees:
- Sarah from PoutyBloom
- Rachael from HelplessWhilstDrying
- Jess from MakingItUp
- Tess from TryMePretty
- Ting from TheTingThing
- Ashleigh from LifeLove&Linguistics
- Chloe from OhDearChloe
- Kaytey from KayosBeauty
- Veronica from TheBeautyArchive
- Brianna from CrueltyFreeMe
- Hannah from StuffHannahSays
And finally, my questions:
- What makes you smile?
- How is your favourite person to follow on instagram?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- How do you get in the zone to write?
- What tops your bucket list?
- What do you collect?
- Pick a pokemon
- What word makes you cringe?
- What’s one skill or hobby you’ve always wanted to learn?
- What qualities do you find most attractive in others?
- What should be topping my Christmas list this year?
Phew! We got there in the end! In fact, congratulations if you’re still reading this, because that was a lot of text without any kind of imagery to break it up. And if you’re wondering about those really random questions I came up with, I googled other Liebster Award posts and just took ones I thought were most interesting/unusual, then threw in a couple I made up along the way. Hope you all enjoyed the post!
P.S. The object I was describing was a pint glass from Ealing beer festival. For some reason it has a parrot on it. I have no idea why.