I’ve been pretty bad at keeping up with my tags and award nominations lately, so I’d like to apologise about that. I was nominated for this tag by Aisha from The Beauty Linguist over a month ago now, but this seems like a fun little post to do, so here goes.
The picture above is of me on a typical day, fully made up. Here’s the products I am currently using to create such a look:
From left to right:
- E.L.F. High Definition Powder in Translucent – £6.95
- Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation in Shade 1 – £28
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner in Black – £2.99
- Seventeen High Drama Liquid Eyeliner in Black – £3.99
- Nicka K New York Eyeshadow Primer (from Glossybox) – £4.99
- ModelCo More Brows Fibre Gel in Medium/Dark (from Glossybox) – £9
- Barry M Blusher in Shade 8 – £4.59
- Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NW15 – £15.50
- So Susuan Flutter Mascara in Black (from Glossybox) – £14.95
- No7 Eyeshadow (from an Xmas gift set) – £2
- Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Oyster Glow (from You Beauty Discovery Box) – £11
- Garnier Eye Roll On in Fair – £10.49
(I had to guess the cost of the eye shadow, as I got it half price in a set after Christmas last year, I paid £6 for 3 shadows and two brushes, so working on the full price I’ve guesstimated £2. The Pixi eye pen is actually not a full sized, but I’ve put the price of the full sized product.)
Aaaand the results are in! The cost of my face here is £114.45! And that’s not even including any lip products or skin care. Woah! I have to say I am shocked that it crosses the £100 mark, but many of the more expensive products were actually from beauty boxes and I got my foundation free in a promo Smashbox were doing on it’s release in Feb. I also buy a lot of my make up when its on offer, for example I got the E.L.F. powder in a 50% sale, which makes me feel better about it! Plus it goes to show that my Glossybox subscription is worth my money, as there are products here from 3 of the 4 boxes I have had so far and this is just my go-to look.
How much do you think your face is worth? Would you spend over £100 on your daily make up look?