I was recently challenged to create a game day outfit for the upcoming baseball season. I wanted a casual look, so decided to use a simple cap to show support for a team. Fanatics is an online retailer of officially licensed sports gear and they have a huge selection of hats to choose from.
Here’s the outfit breakdown:
- Miss Selfridge Molly Faux Leather Biker Jacket – £49
- New Look White Roll Sleeve Plain T-shirt in White – £4.99
- New Era New York Yankee 59Fifty Cap in Black and Galaxy – $35.95
- New Look Dark Green Tartan Check Reversible Oversized Scarf – £14.99
- River Island Lana Superskinny Jeans in Black – £40
- Grafea Clover Green Leather Backpack – £180
- Topshop Billy Buckle Boots in Black – was £46 now £30
I’ve never actually been to a baseball game, but I went to New York a few years ago and loved it so I decided to go for a Yankees hat. The galaxy print on the peak really caught my eye. I think its quite unusual, but really cool. (I quite want that hat now!) Whenever I’ve been to a rugby match, I’ve spent most of the time standing up in all kinds of weather and as its now autumn, I wanted a comfortable and warm outfit. I figure you can’t go wrong with a great pair of black high waisted jeans, like these beauts from River Island, paired with a staple white tee. Layer that with a biker jacket and this huge scarf and you’ve definitely got the snuggle factor. Plus I love the contrasting prints on the scarf and as nothing really matches with galaxy, why not add a few clashing patterns into the mix? Finish up with a pair of killer boots and a statement bag for all my stuff and I’m good to go!
I enjoyed putting this outfit together, so I hope you guys like it!
Are you a sports fan? What kind of outfit do you go for on match day?