After confessing in my post yesterday that I have been using an old blusher brush to apply my face powder, I got thinking about other things I do that I probably shouldn’t… So here’s my 10 confessions!
- I can’t go 24 hours without chipping my nails. I don’t know why, I just find it impossible. I’ve tried different brands, top coats and base coats and still I manage to ruin my nails within a day of painting them. So annoying.
- I pick my nail polish off. I know I’m not meant to, but I still do. My varnish, once chipped, always seems to just lift off in one go, so instead of getting out my remover to redo them, I just pick it off.
- I hate bars of soap. That’s not to say that I never wash, I just never use bars of soap. I find it really drying. Liquid soap, shower gel, anything else, I’m totally good with.
- I get really bored when drying my hair. I will never wash my hair less than 2 hours before I go out if I’m not prepared to leave the house with my hair wet because I can never be bothered to sit there and dry it properly. Plus I often then need to use the straighteners, which is no good on damp hair.
- I don’t moisturise enough. Again this is to do with impatience. I didn’t think I was an impatient person, but clearly I am. I don’t like feeling slimy and sticky whilst waiting for a product to absorb in. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way!
- I still use face wipes. Since starting blogging, its become very clear to me that using a face wipe is like cardinal sin to beauty lovers. I have recently found a product which does a better job at cleansing though so I think they’ll be abandoned soon. (Except at festivals)
- I use my sensitive skin as a reason not to try new face products. I’m working on this one, as I’ve realised that there’s now a lot more products out there using more natural products which are a lot kinder to skin. Growing up, brands like Clearasil were a no-go for me because they were too harsh, but now I don’t need to be so fearful of wasting my money.
- I don’t shop in Lush, because it makes me sneeze. Bit of a strange one this, but I have really bad hayfever and just walking past my local Lush store makes me sneeze. A lot. Makes it difficult to shop when you can’t tell which product is setting you off, so I’ve been steering clear. But there’s so many of their products I want to try that maybe I just need to suck it up and go in.
- I don’t pay attention to the use buy dates on my cosmetics. Again, I’m sure I’m not the only one that does this. I just forget that these things have a best before and to a certain extent, I kinda don’t care. I know I should, but if it still works fine then why waste it?
- And finally, I use my blog to justifying buying things I don’t need. Because you’d all be really interested in reading a review on anything and everything I buy right? Especially if I bought it just because I saw someone else write a really nice review about it…
Yup, being a beauty blogger isn’t entirely as glamorous as it initially sounds. Do you do any of these things? Got any confessions to add? Let me know! x