Stephanie over at Steph’s Silver Lining has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you so much! What is this award about you might ask? Well, basically you are tagged by another blogger who has left you 11 questions. You answer their questions and then tag 11 other bloggers with new questions. The aim of the award is to spread the name of blogs with less than 200 followers.
1. What are you most scared about?
Not achieving my dreams. I’m a firm believer that hard work pays off, but I dream big so its easy to feel disheartened. At the moment my dream is to get a ‘proper job’ as a Graphic Designer. I had an interview recently so hopefully I’ll get there soon. *fingers crossed*
2. List 3 things on your Bucket List
I want to see every where and try everything if I can, but three things I’d love to do are to go to Madagascar/on safari, go white water rafting and to live abroad for 6-12months.
3. Which Disney movie is your favourite?
I’m not actually all that into Disney movies, but I’m huge on Pixar. For me there’s a really obvious distinction between the two studios even though Disney now owns Pixar. My favourite Pixar movie is Monster’s Inc and my favourite Disney would probably be their more recent offerings like Alice In Wonderland (because I love Tim Burton) or The Emperor’s New Groove (which I watched yesterday)
4. What is your favourite tea flavour?
Despite being British, I don’t drink traditional tea. I’ve just never liked it. But I do love Lemon Green tea, Twinnings Cherry and Cinnamon tea and Lipton’s Peach Iced tea.
5. What book has left a lasting impression on you?
I like to read fantasy books, especially ones set in another world. My favourite author is Brandon Sanderson, whose Mistborn trilogy is one of the best things I’ve ever read. His books make me question the way in which his imagined worlds work, which in turn make me question how our world works.
6. Are you friends with someone you’ve never met in person before? Explain.
Sort of. I have some people I talk to a fair bit over our blogs in the post comments, but have never spoken to them outside the bloggersphere. I’ve been thinking about going to a meet up to meet some of the bloggers I now know a little, so if you know of any in the Midlands/London area let me know!
7. If you could live a day in the life of someone famous, dead or alive, who would it be?
I honestly have no idea with this one. Maybe one of my favourite artists to be able to get a better understanding of their work? I really like Van Gogh, Monet and Picasso. I think Picasso in particular could be interesting as he changed the face of modern art so much.
8. What is your favourite jewellery item to wear?
I have a silver necklace my boyfriend gave to me shortly after we started going out. It has a small swallow pendant and I really like it. It broke recently and it felt so strange not to wear it, but it’s fixed now! I also wear a silver thumb ring on my right hand. I wear it so much it’s left a slight indent, so it doesn’t feel right not to wear it any more.
9. What is your favourite song of all time?
It’s hard to pick just one. The most played song on my iTunes is ‘Cute Without The “E” (Cut From The Team)’ by Taking Back Sunday. It’s over ten years old but I still listen to it and know all the words.
10. Who inspires you?
My family. My grandparents came from council housing to having a beautiful harbour front apartment through hard work and smart choices. They have instilled in me the sense of hard work paying off and this inspires me to keep going and to not give up.
11. What TV series do you wish still aired?
Sirens! It seems like no-one watched this show, but those that did adored it. It was cut after one series by Channel 4 because the cast had too many other commitments, which is a huge shame because it was a really funny show about three paramedics. It’s a bit dark, definitely adult orientated, but so so good! I rewatched the series on 4OD a few weeks ago and said then that they should make series two now that Richard Madden is no longer in Game of Thrones!
I would like to nominate the following bloggers:
- Emma from Lipstick&EyeCandy
- Gyudy from NotesOfBeauty
- Becky from GeekGetsGlam
- Becky from Becschle
- J from PrettyDrasticMoves
- Brianna from CrueltyFreeMe
- Becca from BeckInABlog
- Veronica from TheBeautyArchive
- Sofia from SofiaBelle
- Laura from ActFashionably
- Elizabeth from ElizabethRilatt
The rules are as follows:
- You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you (that’s me!).
- You must link back to the person that nominated you (that’s me again!).
- After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers (with under 200 followers) and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You can not nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link to your post so that they can learn about it.
- Do you have a set beauty routine that you stick to daily?
- Pick one: Eyeshadow or eyeliner?
- What’s your favourite clothing brand?
- Are leggings trousers?
- Most recent purchase?
- What’s your favourite jewellery item?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, money no object, where would you go?
- What are you currently reading or watching?
- Disney or Pixar? Why?
- What’s the most played song on your iTunes?
Okay so I’ve copied number 5 from Stephanie, but I thought it was a really good question! I look forward to seeing all your answers! x