This morning, I got a message from the lovely Clare over at Clare’s Beauty Blog to tell me she’d nominated me for the Beauty Blogger of the Month Award! I’m so pleased to be nominated for one of these awards, so a massive thank you to Clare, who is so friendly and has a great blog so you should all go follow her if you don’t already. Also please check out Cecilia’s Post for all the rules and comment that you have been nominated to enter the prize draw for a Benefits They’re Real Push Up Liner! July’s prize draw has already been done, so check out Cecilia’s blog for updates about August :)
So here are the questions for this award!
1. Where does your make up inspiration come from?
I remember as a child my best friend, her older sister and I used to collect a Sabrina the Teenage Witch magazine which came with a make up item each issue. As I grew up, the older sister became my guide about make up, beauty and anything feminine, as I have two brothers and my mum doesn’t really wear make up.
2. What are 3 of your make up Holy Grail products you cannot live without?
If I had to make a look out of it, I’d definitely go with foundation, liquid eyeliner and mascara, although I’ve recently become quite attached to filling my brows in. I currently use:
- Smashbox Liquid Halo foundation, which is pretty good although a little watery for my liking
- Seventeen High Drama Liquid Eyeliner, which is amazing for it’s price
- Seventeen Va Va Voom Mascara, which is nice and black and really volumising
3. What is your makeup signature look which you have on most of the time?
Liquid eyeliner! Blackest of black eyeliner, generally done a bit heavy handed and with a flick. Despite being able to draw and paint, I seem to be unable to do a fine line in eyeliner…
4. Let us know your favourite makeup brands?
This is tricky for me. I don’t know that I really have a favourite brand, as I’m still experimenting with new products and companies, but I do like Barry M and Rimmel a lot.
5. Your ultimate makeup pet peeve?
I have to agree with Clare here and say foundation lines! If you have such a visible foundation line then clearly you’re wearing the wrong shade! What’s the point in making your face look really tanned or orange when the rest of you is white? I just don’t get it.
6. You’ve heard about all the hype on this makeup item, bought it, tried it and don’t understand what all the fuss is about…Name that product!
Mac Prep + Prime Face Primer. I reviewed it the other day, but it just doesn’t work for me – instead of extending the wear of my foundation, it causes it to split after just a couple of hours!
7. Concealer OR foundation ONLY for the rest of your life. Choose one and tell us the reason!
Foundation. I’d rather go for the overall evened out skin tone and have a couple of blemishes show a bit than some patches of concealer on my face. I think my rather freckly complexion makes just a dab of concealer quite obvious, as I’m very pale under my freckles!
On to my 7 nominees! You should check out all there blogs too, I always enjoy reading them! I’ve tried to nominate people who haven’t been nominated before! So in no particular order:
- Annika and Chloe from twolittleowls (Does this counts as two?)
- makeupalwaysfitsme whose name I shamefully do not know!
- Jemma from A drugstore addiction
- J from Pretty Drastic Moves, who blogs about a whole heap of stuff as well as beauty!
- Veronica from The Beauty Archive
- Ann-Marie from Unfading Beauty
- And last, but not least! My friend Zoe, from nuggetstumpblog
So that’s everything! Thanks again to Clare for the nomination and don’t forget to link me your answers ladies! :)